PLEASE NOTE THIS TOOL IS CURRENTLY IN ALPHA STAGE TESTING
Introducing the Ultimate Cannabis Grading Tool: Transparency, Accuracy, and Personalization at Your Fingertips
Every cannabis strain is unique, and the growing process plays a crucial role in determining the quality and characteristics of the end product. As a consumer or a business owner, you deserve a reliable way to assess the true quality of the cannabis you’re purchasing or offering. Our revolutionary Cannabis Grading Tool has been specifically designed to provide you with that confidence and clarity.
Transparent, accurate, and honest evaluation
With our grading tool, you can verify the advertised grade of a cannabis strain and maintain personal records of the products you’ve tried, complete with information about the location and even the farm your dispensary sources from. For business owners, our tool allows you to present a transparent, accurate, and honest evaluation of the cannabis in your inventory, showcasing the quality and value of the product in the jar, rather than relying on generalized strain descriptions.
At the core of our Cannabis Grading Tool is a customizable grading system that caters to your individual needs and preferences. Choose from a variety of grading systems, including Canadian A+ letter grade system one based on the Leafly System, or even or own category-based system for a more comprehensive evaluation. Empower yourself with the ability to make informed decisions, and discover the cannabis strains that truly match your expectations and needs.
By using our Cannabis Grading Tool, you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the quality and attributes of your cannabis products.
- Make more informed purchasing decisions based on accurate, transparent evaluations.
- Enhance customer satisfaction and trust with honest, consistent grading practices.
- Create and maintain a personal record of your cannabis experiences, allowing you to refine your preferences over time.
Experience the power of transparency and customization with our Cannabis Grading Tool, and elevate your cannabis journey to new heights. Choose the grading system that works best for you, and unlock the true potential of every cannabis strain.
Ganjalytica Cannabis Grading Tool
How to rate
- Color: The color of the buds can range from vibrant green to deep purple, with various shades in between. Look for rich, even coloring that’s true to the strain’s genetics. Rate higher if the color is vibrant and appealing, lower if it’s dull or discolored.
- Trichome coverage: Trichomes are the tiny, crystal-like structures on the surface of the buds that contain the cannabinoids. The more trichomes, the more potent the bud. Rate higher for dense trichome coverage and lower for sparse coverage.
- Trim and manicure: A well-manicured bud should be free of excess leaves and have a clean, aesthetically pleasing appearance. Rate higher for a clean and professional trim, lower for a messy or leafy trim.
- Bud structure: The ideal bud structure is dense and compact, without being too tightly packed. It should break apart easily without crumbling. Rate higher for buds with a desirable structure, lower for loose or overly tight buds.
- Intensity: The intensity of the aroma refers to how strong the scent is. A potent, pungent smell is often a sign of quality cannabis. Rate higher for a strong, noticeable aroma and lower for a weak or barely-there scent.
- Complexity: Complexity refers to the variety of scents present in the aroma. Look for a blend of different smells, like earthy, fruity, or floral notes. Rate higher for a more complex and interesting aroma, lower for a one-dimensional or simple scent.
- Freshness: Fresh cannabis should have a crisp, clean smell, indicating proper storage and handling. Rate higher for a fresh, clean aroma and lower for a stale or musty scent.
- Appeal: Appeal is a subjective category that considers how attractive the aroma is to the individual. Rate higher for a scent that you find pleasant and enticing, lower for an aroma that’s off-putting or unappealing.
- Flavor: The flavor of the cannabis should be enjoyable and true to the strain’s genetic profile. Look for distinct notes, like fruity, earthy, or spicy. Rate higher for a rich, full flavor and lower for a bland or harsh taste.
- Smoothness: Smoothness refers to the texture of the smoke or vapor. Higher-quality cannabis should be easy to inhale without causing coughing or discomfort. Rate higher for a smooth, pleasant experience and lower for harsh or irritating smoke.
- Aftertaste: The aftertaste is the lingering flavor left in your mouth after exhaling. A pleasant aftertaste is a sign of properly cured and well-grown cannabis. Rate higher for a satisfying aftertaste, lower for a bitter or unpleasant one.
- Onset: Onset refers to how quickly the effects of the cannabis are felt. Some strains have a faster onset, while others take longer to kick in. Rate higher for a quicker onset, lower for a slow or delayed onset.
- Intensity: Intensity measures the strength of the effects. Some users prefer a mild, relaxed high, while others seek a more intense experience. Rate higher for a stronger, more noticeable effect and lower for a milder or weaker effect.
- Duration: The duration of the effects refers to how long they last. Some strains have shorter-lasting effects, while others can linger for hours. Rate higher for a longer-lasting experience, lower for a shorter duration.
- Enjoyment: Enjoyment is a subjective category that considers how much you enjoy the overall experience of the cannabis. Rate higher for an experience that’s pleasurable, relaxing,
The Magic Formula
We’ve designed our grading system to prioritize key factors. Enjoyment and intensity hold the most weight (around 20% and 13% respectively), while factors like taste and smoothness also matter considerably. Aesthetic elements like bud structure and trichome coverage also contribute and are important as they reflect the quality of care the plants received. The rest are finer points, such as aroma and trim quality, which hold lesser weight.This is a flexible system, always open to refinement. If you have insights or suggestions, feel free to reach out here or on Twitter. Our mission is simple: accurate, transparent, and user-driven cannabis grading. Always free, always transparent, always evolving.
The small matter of subjectivity
Indeed, while the effects of cannabis are subjective, our goal is to unravel this subjectivity by providing a systematic grading tool.
Recognizing that every individual’s experience can differ vastly due to factors like personal tolerance, preference, and physical response, our aim is to capture these variations and commonalities through feedback. This will not only enhance the precision of our tool over time, but also provide invaluable insights for research and medicinal purposes.
As we advance on this journey, our tool will continually evolve, growing in its capacity to deliver precise, transparent, and personalized cannabis grading. Your feedback is key to this evolution. By contributing, you’re helping us shape a more nuanced understanding of cannabis effects and advancing the broader field of cannabis research and medicine.